Graphical Winds Chart
The following is an example of a Graphical Winds Chart:
It contains the following components:
- Compass indicating direction of flight.
- Wind direction (as wind barbs) in relation to the direction of flight. Flights travelling east to west display opposite of west to east.
- Tabular wind component at chart bottom.
- Icing. (Light, Medium, Heavy).
- Turbulence. (Light, Moderate, Severe).
- Tropopause flight level and temperature in green colour font, below the compass direction.
- Storm Tops indicated by green blocks.
- MORA indicated by grey blocks.
- Route of flight.
- ISA for fixed flight levels.